Date: September 18, 2013
Time: 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Venue: Kealakehe High School Staff Dining Room
Registration deadline: September 5, 2013
OCISS/CTE is required to offer this workshop annually; it is more cost-effective by offering it at the district level. We are very fortunate that Mark Behrens (DOE’s Director of Safety and Security) is coming to present.
- Staff and teachers who are responsible for school-approved Work-Based Learning or Workplace Readiness (e.g., CTE, SPED) should be trained to ensure safe working environments for their students.
- People who were trained more than three years ago should consider a refresher course.
- Custodians are welcomed: The mock inspection will help everyone be more aware and better prepared for those “surprise” HIOSH visits.
Schools can use their approved CTE SY2013-14 OYP funding (15849 or Perkins) to cover subs for interested teachers, including SPED teachers. I also have limited district CTE funding to assist if necessary—please contact me to discuss.
Please also register for this workshop on PDE3—it will be useful when you do your EES evaluation…
Course #: CTE 167394 Act 24/Workplace Readiness Workshop
Note to participants:
• Please preview the new Hazard Communication Program prior to class. Videso is about 20 minutes.
DOE Hazard Communication Program
• On day of class:
1. Wear long pants and closed-toe shows for the safety walk-through.
2. Bring a lunch or food to share.