An updated hazard communication training video (approximately 20 minutes) is now available on vimeo.
DOE Hazard Communication Program video
“This training is intended to give all Department of Education employees an understanding of the new Occupational Safety and Health Administration Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) as required by Federal and State rules and regulations.”
“This training video is required to be viewed by all department personnel at the beginning of each school year, and completed prior to the end of the first quarter. All new employees are required to view this training video on their first day of work.”
- MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheets) is now called SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- School principal must provide all workers with Haz Com training.
- General awareness training must be provided to all new employees, full or part time, upon hire.
- Specific awareness training must be provided to “affected workers whenever new chemicals are introduced.”
- One SDS binder should be kept in the shop areas and a duplicate in the central administrative office.