New federal summer activity/program available to West Hawaii high school juniors and seniors. Diverse positions available, including maintenance, administration, natural resources management, cultural resources management, law enforcement, interpretation park rangers (the public interaction rangers).
- An eight-week training program with students meeting two hours on Wednesdays after school. The Kona program is starting in February.
- Students will be paid for the entire training sessions: $20 x 8 = $160.
- Kealakehe High students are the focus primarily because of transportation issues. However, the Program welcomes interested students if they can secure transportation to/from Kealakehe High for the eight-week training sessions.
- Students who successfully complete the eight-week training program with be eligible to apply for one of the 12 paid summer positions (~$11/hr) open in the four Kona side National Parks.
- Students MUST Be US citizens, pass a background investigation (requirement for all federal jobs), and be continuing their education in the fall after the program ends to be eligible for summer employment.
For more information:
Youth and Volunteer Programs Coordinator