UH Hilo’s Mānowai o Hanakahi Environmental Summer Program is now open for application. This is an opportunity for youth to learn about Hawaii’s natural history and unique ecological systems. Participants will learn about Hawai`i’s mauka (mountain) and makai (ocean) regions while developing a deeper understanding of the archipelago’s natural history and conservation challenges. They will also gain confidence while developing skills used in environmental restoration, ecological monitoring, and higher education.
- Dates: Two weeks from July 11-22, 2016, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., with overnight field trips
- Eligible participants: Hawai`i Island middle and high school students currently in grades 7-11.
- Registration fee: $250, includes lodging and food during the overnights on Mauna Kea, and supplies needed for full participation.
- Financial assistance: Need-based scholarships are available. If the registration fee is a hardship, please contact Erika at email@example.com or 933-0707 for sliding scale & scholarship details.
- Application deadline: April 25, 2016
For more details: Program Description
Application form: 2016 Application Form